Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mid-Saturday musings

It's THAT day of the week.  I'll give you a hint:  opposite of church-musician Wednesdays and not quite our Sundays either.  After a quick stint as a person of Pinterest and oaty kitchen experimentation (and inventing the word "oaty"), I ran my usual 5k+, practiced Jan Bender's imitative, quartally-infused prelude on "Come, Ye Faithful," and read young-adult fiction on a sunny, cavernous library chair.


It could have held five of me.  At least one of us would have finished before dozing off.

I discovered ten other things this week:

1.  My usual running route, going down the parkway on the hill and turning around, has multiple ways of getting back up the hill. What.

2.  When I forget my music in choir, my sightreading experience is such that I can read my line off of a Soprano II's score across the room.

3.  Universal justification and objective justification differ from one another.

4.  Tiffany blue is one of the prettiest and most versatile colors.

5.  You miss the little, fidgety characteristics that bother you about someone first when he or she leaves.  Think about it.

6.  You can derive an individual's entire personality from how they sneeze.  I double-sneeze, so that must mean I'm bipolar.

7.  Tropical fruit topped with flake coconut, molasses and sunshine is the best antidote to a reluctant spring.

8.  One of the first classes taught in Music Skills should be standing in front of the photocopier, figuring out what way to turn the music book.

9.  Having a leaky sanctuary ceiling over where the baptismal font sits can be a self-fixing problem.

10.  Johann Gerhard's Theological Commonplaces set forth doctrine a lot more accessibly than other dogmatic expositions.  He likes to make lists, just as I do.  :)

How about you?








No comments:

Post a Comment