Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday morning in paradise

So, today where I live, it is -7 degrees outside.  When I arose this morning, this is what I saw from my lofted bed:

The completely frozen-over parking lot looked like this.


Then, I had one of these for breakfast:

Accompanied by something refreshing to wake me up for 9:40 senior choir rehearsal:


 Looking out from the kitchen, I mused how I might get to church three-quarters of a mile away.  The windchill was -30 below.

Then, I bundled up and made a wild leap of faith into the frigidness.

At church, everyone was still in early service for Communion Sunday.  Surrounding it, the snowbanks and roads were clearly a mess.  I'm amazed they all got there all right!

Yet, nonetheless, I got inside, un-mummified myself with winter garments, and warmed up on the keys.

The Lord was certainly watching over me all the way there!







No comments:

Post a Comment