Saturday, March 28, 2015

You will probably not like this post.

Unless you're eating a piece of chocolate tart already.  I'm guessing not, right?

Okay, here's how we fix that.

The story goes:  while writing the post on Valentine's Day, I got experimental.  February 14 is that one day where the obligatory flourless chocolate cake with raspberries and stuff happens after 8 o' clock dinner (this comes from a girl that creeps on restaurant dessert menus online).  I didn't have anything of the category in the apartment, so I hit Pinterest.  Combining several vegan/raw/paleo idea together, this no-bake, no-refined sugar, power-food dark chocolate creation emerged from the Nutribullet.  It was glorious.

Have you ever taken a bite of something and internally or vocally been like "Oh my goodness YES YES absolutely"?  This did that for me.  Same with my imaginary date, after he sampled the piece I sliced just for him.

The "Totally-Nailed-It," Made-On-Valentine's-Day Raw Chocolate Tart
(yes, this is what I named it in my planner)

Crust:
1 cup walnuts (or any nut, or oats)
1 cup prunes (or any dried fruit)
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. dark cocoa powder

Filling:
1 cup cashews, soaked and drained
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
3  tbsp. agave and 2 tbsp. maple syrup (I ran out, you may use 1/3 cup of either one)
Dashes of cinnamon, vanilla, coffee, salt, and/or coconut oil

Blend all of the crust ingredients together in a food processor.  Press into 9" pie pan lined with parchment paper and place in freezer.  Blend filling ingredients together and spread into crust (you don't need to clean the food processor in-between).  After it sets, slice into eight decently-sized pieces and enjoy with a fork and a huge cup of coffee (or my new Cupcake Red Velvet wine).


Enjoy!  Have a classy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment