Thursday, December 31, 2015

Best of 2015



In 2015, I:
Didn't date anyone
Didn't get engaged
Didn't get married
Didn't have a baby
Wasn't in a wedding
Wasn't a godparent
Didn't get a new job, and
Stayed in the Central Time zone

If you accomplished any of those, you're pretty cool. And I mean that in all honesty.

BUT...I did:
Have a golden birthday
Get a new computer
Get a new phone
Completed 22 academic credits from three institutions
Complete MCM classes (3.70 GPA)
Help lead a Lutheran youth convention
Get my writing published
Train for and run my first half-marathon
Play organ at some new places
Try some new coffeeshops
Run places I've always wanted to go
Make some new friends in hymnody (the best kind of friends!)
Do some hymnological research that none of you know anything about! (But will soon...all in good time!)

In 2016, I will:
Grow stronger in faith in my Savior
Eat
Sleep
Church
Music
Brew coffee
Run every day
Graduate (at least once, God willing)
Give my senior recital
Pass comps and orals
Finish writing a book
Travel
Make new friends
Be surprised by what the Lord sends me!

Happy New Year!


In Jesus' name 
Our work must all be done
If it shall compass our true good and aim,
And not end in shame alone;
For ev'ry deed 
Which in it doth proceed,
Success and blessing gains
Till it the goal attains.
Thus we honor God on high
And ourselves are blessed thereby;
Wherein our true good remains.
- Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary No. 4, v. 1






No comments:

Post a Comment