Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The list of academic stocking-stuffers

Remember those M and M candy canes?  I got one every year in my Christmas stocking growing up - easy to espy poking out from the footboard of the bed.  This time around, I received a pile of blessings in my 2013 treat bag just as plentiful.

- Graduated college Summa Cum Laude (B.A. Music, Religion)
- Got accepted into two masters' programs (M.C.M, M.A. in Lutheran Theological Studies)
- Turned 21
- Took a choir tour to the East Coast
- Premiered three pieces in the new music recital
- Had an original hymn used in church
- Became a choir director
- Became an adjunct-faculty accompanist at my undergraduate college
- Completed 14 credits for my M.C.M. (3.82 G.P.A.)
- Completed 8 credits for my M.A.

Guesses as to what might happen this next year:
- An additional job
- New place to live
- Traveling in some way
- Making a new friend (or two or three or 70)
- Getting to know my future husband
- Composing a new piece
- Turning 22 (well, duh)
- Deciding the topic of and beginning my M.A. thesis
- Giving a collaborative recital
- Accompanying a whole slew of desperate soloists
- Acquire a new skill I never thought I would learn

We'll see what transpires!

No comments:

Post a Comment